Madan Krishna Shrestha was born to father Ram Krishna Lal Shrestha and mother Laxmi Devi Shrestha on Baishakh 7, 2007 BS ( April 19, 1950) in Jitpur Phedi, Kathmandu.
At the age of 24 (in 2031 BS) Madan Krishna married Yeshoda Shrestha. They gave birth to a son, Yaman Shrestha and a daughter, Shrana Shrestha.
In his childhood, Madan Krishna was exposed to music and he also recorded his first song in Radio Nepal in 2022 BS. At the age of 14, he started working as a teacher to fulfill the financial needs of his family. In 2023 BS he joined a job at Karmachari Sanchaya Kosh. After his performance in Rastriya Gaijatra Mahotsav in 2032 BS Madan Krishna became the center of attraction amongst Nepalese viewers and critics.
Madan Krishna had worked as an artist for about 10 years before meeting his partner Hari Bamsha Acharya
Madan Krishna lives at 320/57 Kumri Marg -6 Dhobidhara, Kathmandu, Nepal with his wife.
- Chairman, PHECT (NGO), Kathmandu Model Hospital, Kathmandu
- Honorary Member, National Film Artists’ Association, Kathmandu
- Co-Founder, Board Director, Spinal Injury Organization, Jorpati
- Board Director, Kathmandu Animal Treatment Center
- Board Director, Campion Associates, Kathmandu
- Executive Director, MaHa Sanchar, Kathmandu
- Member, Rotary Club of Tripureshwor, Kathmandu
- Member, Nepal Russia Friendship Society. Kathmandu
- Member, Nepal Music Association, Kathmandu
- Honorary Life Member, Nepal Association of Victoria, Sydney, Australia (20-6-1998)
- Founder, Democratic People’s Movement Health Relief Fund 2006
- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu – His Majesty of Government
- Jagadamba Shree Award 2047 (1991) – Madan Puraskar Guthi
- Jaycess Youth Award 1988 – Nepal Jaycess
- Rastriya Yuba Gaurav Samman 2054 – Antarrastriya Manch Nepal
- Best Comedian 2043 (1986) – Lions Club Bishal Bazar
- Best Actor 2054 (1992) – Abhiyan
- Best Director 2048 (1992) – Tele Film Award
- Best Script Writer
- Best Dialogue 2047 (1991) – Nepal Video Film Organization
- Best Singer 2026 (1969) – Prakash Pustakalaya, Jochhen, Kathmandu
- Abhiyan Shree Award 2057 (2000)
- Nepal Samman 2057 Nepal Felicitation 2000 – Everest Foundation Nepal
- Best Character Artist Award 2056 (2056) – Nepal Motion Picture Association
- Outstanding Contribution Award 2058 (1001) – Nepal Motion Picture Award
- Millennium Khyali Juju Award 2057 (2000)
- Hari Tara Award 2052 (1996) – Nepal Film Artist Association
- Best Dialogue – Nepal Film Artist Association
- Best Story Writer – Abhiyan
- Appreciation Award 1999 – The Everest Magazine, Toronto, Canada
- Lux Movie Award 2003 – The Best Character Artist
- Raddi Tokari
- Sapath Grahan
- Bigyapan (Record breaking drama in Nepal)
- London Airport
- Woda Number 34
- Rastriya Gaun Khane Katha Pratiyogita
- Remote Control
- Nepal Bandha
- Wrong Number
- Prasna Uttar
- Dohori Geet
- Geetai Geet
- Bose Aandrai Bhundiko
- Hoste Hainse
- Saalik (The Statue) 2000
- MaHa Dohari 2003
- Dwitiya Raastriya Gaaun Khaane Pratiyogita 2004, etc.
- Remix Shraddh
- Maha Dohari-2
- Fifty- Fifty (Produced for NTV)
- Santati (Produced for Reukai)
- 216777 (Produced for NTV)
- Bhakunde Bhoot (Produced for NTV)
- Pandra Gate (Produced for NTV)
- Dashain (Produced for NTV)
- Chiranjivi (Produced for JICA)
- Raat (Produced for UNDP)
- Banpale (Produced for King Mahendra Natural Conservation Trust)
- Sur Besur (Produced for MaHa Sanchar)
- Ohho! (Produced for BBC and HMG/Nepal)
- Kantipur (Produced for Kathmandu Metropolitan City)
- Rajmarg (Produced for Community Health Program)
- Pani (Produced for Nepal Jaycees)
- Kalajar (Produced for CECI)
- Ashal Logne (Produced for NFHP)
- Laxmi (Produced for Nepal Rastra Bank)
- Laal Purja (Produced for MaHa Sanchar)
- Tike ko Tin Mantra ( About condom).
- Shristee (Produced for Plan Nepal. About birth registration).
- Jalpareee (Produced for ENFO. About rainwater harvesting).
- Virus (Produced for FNCCI.- About anticorruption).
- MaHa Chautari (About different conflicts of Nepal).
- Left right left(Produced for FHI)
- Madan bahadur Hari bahadur( Produced by Maha sanchar)(program on informing pelpe about the constituenal assembly )
- Vitamin A Program
- Girls Education – GTZ
- Leprosy – BBC
- Chhu Mantar – BBS
- Mechi Mahakali Express – BBC
- Rukh Baaje Suga Nati – UNICEF]
- MaHa Adalat (Radio program is going on) in coordination with Antenna Nepal
- Ke Ghar Ke Deraa
- Shilu (Newari)
- Lovi Paapi
- Truck Driver
- Rajamati (Newari)
- Je Bho Ramrai Bho
- Sukha Dukha
- Mahasan — published by Sajha Prakashan
Publication on MaHa
- Neparujinno Kurasito Seiji, (Social and Political life of Nepalese people). – Written by Yamamoto Maumi, Published by Chyuko company Japan, publisher’s item number is 1153.
- NHK of Japan prepared documentary film on MaHa.
USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Russia, China, Tibbet Lhasa, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Qatar, U.A.E., Belgium, Netherland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, etc.
Incoming search terms:
- madan krishna shrestha