Chhakka Panja is a Nepali movie that was released in 2016. It is a comedy film directed by Deepa Shree Niraula and features Deepak Raj Giri, Priyanka Karki, and Jitu Nepal in lead roles.
The movie was a commercial success and spawned two sequels, Chhakka Panja 2 and Chhakka Panja 3, which were also popular.
1. Chhakka Panja (2016) 130 min | Comedy, Drama, Family.
Chhakka Panja features the following actors:
- Deepak Raj Giri as Pashupati
- Priyanka Karki as Rama
- Jitu Nepal as Jaya
- Buddhi Tamang as Dhurmuse
- Kedar Ghimire as Inspector Ghimire
- Barsha Raut as Suntali
- Sabin Shrestha as Avinash
- Ramesh Budhathoki as Thulo Man
- Anup Baral as Anup
- Sitaram Kattel as Dhurmuse’s father
Chhakka Panja is a comedy film that follows the story of three friends trying to find a solution to the problems faced by the ordinary people of Nepal.
The movie features a mix of humour, satire, and drama as it addresses various social issues and themes. The film was well-received by audiences and critics and went on to become one of the highest-grossing Nepali movies of all time.
Pashupati is a businessman who is struggling to make ends meet, Jaya is a jobless young man, and Dhurmuse is a simpleton who is always getting into trouble.
The three friends come up with a plan to solve the problems faced by the ordinary people of Nepal and end up getting involved in a series of humorous and chaotic events.
Along the way, they encounter various characters, including an inspector, a politician, and a corrupt businessman, and they must use their wit and ingenuity to overcome the obstacles that come their way.
2. Kusume Rumal (1985) Drama, Musical, Romance.
Kusume Rumal is a Nepali movie that was released in 1985. It is a romantic drama film directed by Tulsi Ghimire and features Bhuwan K.C., Karishma Manandhar, and Tika Pahadi in lead roles.
The movie is considered a classic in Nepali cinema and is known for its memorable music and performances. Kusume Rumal features the following actors:
- Bhuwan K.C. as Madan
- Karishma Manandhar as Kusume
- Tika Pahadi as Timila
- Ramesh Upreti as Rajesh
- Krishna Malla as Mr. Malla
- Arjun Shrestha as Mr. Shrestha
- Bishwo Bandhu Thapa as Mr. Thapa
- B.B. Malla as Mr. Malla’s father
- Bishnu Sapkota as Timila’s father
- Puspa Khadka as Kusume’s mother
3. Kagbeni (2008) 130 min | Drama, Horror.
Kagbeni is a Nepali movie that was released in 2008. It is a psychological thriller film directed by Bhusan Dahal and features Saugat Malla, Dayahang Rai, and Nima Rumba in lead roles.
The movie is set in the remote village of Kagbeni in the Mustang district and tells the story of a young man who becomes caught up in a series of mysterious and unsettling events. “Kagbeni” was well-received by audiences and was nominated for several awards.
Kagbeni features the following actors:
- Saugat Malla as Tsering
- Dayahang Rai as Jit
- Nima Rumba as Chhewang
- Karuna Kumari K.C. as Yalmo
- Karma as Pasang
- Puskar Gurung as Chyamtong
- Sabin Shrestha as Chyamtong’s son
- Pushpa Khadka as Tsering’s mother
- Shree Krishna Shrestha as Jit’s father
- Dinesh D.C. as Dinesh, the guesthouse owner
4. Aama (1964) 109 min | Action, Drama.
Aama is a Nepali movie that was released in 1996. It is a drama film directed by Bhuwan K.C. and features Bhuwan K.C., Karishma Manandhar, and Ramesh Upreti in lead roles.
The movie tells the story of a young woman named Aama who is forced to marry a man she does not love.
Aama was well-received by audiences and was a commercial success. It is considered a classic in Nepali cinema and is known for its strong performances and emotive storytelling.
Aama features the following actors:
- Bhuwan K.C. as Jiten
- Karishma Manandhar as Aama
- Ramesh Upreti as Birkha
- Keki Adhikari as Rupa
- Saroj Khanal as Aama’s father
- Pashupati Sharma as Jiten’s father
- Deepak Raj Giri as Bishnu
- Ramit Dhungana as Bishnu’s friend
- Rohit Rumba as Jiten’s friend
- Bishnu Sapkota as Aama’s uncle
5. Acharya (2011)
Acharya is a Nepali movie that was released in 2018. It is a drama film directed by Deepak Rauniyar and features Dayahang Rai, Asif Shah, and Sanchita Luitel in lead roles.
The movie follows the story of a man named Acharya who is a skilled traditional healer and is called upon to help a woman who is suffering from a mysterious illness.
Acharya received positive reviews and was praised for its performances and its portrayal of traditional healing practices. It was also nominated for several awards.
Acharya features the following actors:
- Dayahang Rai as Acharya
- Asif Shah as Kishore
- Sanchita Luitel as Rama
- Rabindra Singh Baniya as Rama’s husband
- Sushma Karki as Kishore’s sister
- Kameshwor Chaurasiya as Rama’s father
- Subekshya Thapa as Kishore’s mother
- Dinesh D.C. as Rama’s uncle
- Rabi Giri as Kishore’s friend
- Alok Nembang as Rama’s uncle
6. God Lives in the Himalayas (2009).
God Lives in the Himalayas is a Nepali movie that was released in 2011. It is a drama film directed by Khyentse Norbu and features Tsewang Dandup, Deki Yangzom, and Lhaki Dolma in lead roles.
The movie follows the story of a young Tibetan boy who embarks on a journey to find his teacher, who is believed to be living in the Himalayas. Along the way, he encounters various challenges and meets a range of interesting characters.
God Lives in the Himalayas was well-received by audiences and was praised for its beautiful cinematography and its portrayal of Tibetan culture and traditions.
God Lives in the Himalayas features the following actors:
- Tsewang Dandup as the boy
- Deki Yangzom as the boy’s mother
- Lhaki Dolma as the boy’s grandmother
- Neten Chokling as the boy’s teacher
- Sonam Lhamo as the boy’s aunt
- Tashi Lhakyi as the boy’s uncle
- Lhakpa Tsering as the boy’s grandfather
- Sonam Chokden as the boy’s father
- Tsering Tashi as the village headman
- Tashi Lhamo as the village headman’s wife